Monday, February 24, 2014

Making An Entry

Gorgeous weather over the weekend inspired me to add some coastal flare to the entry table. 



I've  had this table for about 10+ years. I love the design but it need refreshed with a punch of color.
I wanted something that had a weathered look, so chalk paint was the best option for layering color.
I started by painting the entire table with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Duck Egg




I painted it with 2 coats so none of the black was showing through. Then I dry brushed a little bit of ivory chalk paint over it. (Annie Sloan Old White)
Remember when dry brushing, you are just putting a tiny bit of paint on the end of the paint brush.


This is an awesome color combo for that coastal look. However, I wanted to take it to the next step, and antique it to look aged.
I used Annie Sloan's Dark wax



You can do 1 or 2 layers of the wax, just buff each layer in between coats. I only used one coat and lightly buffed it.





Total this project took about an hour and a half...Amazeballs!!!
Love chalk paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment