Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fun Fourth!

Projects...photo booth...family...cake and FUN!  We had a great fourth!!!



4th of July Project:

I love the American flag! Around this time of the year you see it everywhere. Waving in the air on the front porches of homes, in store front windows, and lining the sides of streets. But, I want to see it all year long!!   With some pinterest inspiration and some scrap wood I found while cleaning the garage I made some wall décor for the boys new bathroom (a remodel in the works).   A short DIY project that was seriously easy.


What you will need:
*piece of wood (any size)
*paint or stain (I used leftover paint I found in garage)
*painters tape
*star stencil (I made my own)
*foam brushes (so you can just throw them away)

Step one:
Found this piece of wood- mine is 48"x 24"
I wanted the colors to be muted and natural so I put a light coat of stain on the entire piece of wood.
(Stain used: Watco Danish Oil in Dark Walnut)

Step two:
Tape off stripes (I did approx. 2" stripes)


Step 3:
Paint!
I used French Vanilla chalk paint for the white and left the stain for the red stripes.

Step 4:
Star Stencil
I made my own stencil.  I just printed out stars on a piece of paper and used a razor to cut them out. 


Tape the stencil on the edges and paint!


Project complete!!



Time to Celebrate this Land that I love!!!
Family, photo booth, fishing, food, cake and FUN!!


YUM!




My Fisherman!!



Love Photo booth props!! HA!


Happy, Happy, Happy




1 comment:

  1. What an original project! Love It! You are inspiring me to try my hand at lightening up my house and I've read through your blog! You are an amazing talent! Love everything you've done to make your house YOUR HOME! God Bless You and your lovely family! Ana M.

    ReplyDelete